This project comprised of preparing a vegetation plan for the creation of a sediment basin, macrophytic zone and creek line for a new subdivision in Goulburn. The project required extensive earthworks to create and shape the existing drainage line into the final required zones. On completion of earthworks we were with a clean site with no vegetation cover. There was a total of 17,100 grasses and 653 trees and shrubs utilised.
- To specify densities and species to be utilised in the creation of the sediment basin, macrophytic zone and creek line and a maintenance program ensure the successful establishment.
- To collect seed for the species from suitable locations close to the site to ensure plant stock was of a suitable genetic background.
- To grow the required plants in our accredited production nursery
Strategies utilised to achieve the desired outcome
- Wariapendi was able to work closely with the engineer of the project to provide optimum site conditions on completion of earthworks.
- Vegetation survey of the site to select the species required for planting.
- Intensive maintenance to ensure weed growth is controlled over the 24 months maintenance period ensuring successful establishment.